- World Video Game Hall of Fame prepares to induct 2016 class
- Alberta declares emergency as fires threaten Canada oil town
- Foreign investors in fizzled development at wit's end
- MTA: 1 ½-year or 3-year shutdown for L train repairs
- Kansas City streetcars making comeback after 6-decade hiatus
|National News||World News||Health News||Entertainment|
|Business & Finance||Technology||Sports||General Interest|
News Story of the Day
Updated May 05, 01:42 AM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) â€” Six decades after Kansas City shuttered one of the nation's largest streetcar networks, a modern but much smaller version is set to open in its central business district â€” a project supporters say already has spurred hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of downtown development. A 2.2-mile starter line from Union Station near Crown Center to the River Market, a few ...
Sports Story of the Day
Updated May 04, 09:19 PM
CLEVELAND (AP) â€” The Cavaliers have set an NBA playoff record by making 22 3-pointers in Game 2 against Atlanta on Wednesday night. With Kyrie Irving's 3-pointer with 5:06 left in the third, the Cavs surpassed the previous postseason record of 21 set by the Golden State Warriors on April 24. At that point, the Cavs had more 3-pointers than Atlanta had field goals. Led by J.R. Smith's six ...